Meet Dr. Edwin Tyska
Edwin Tyska, DDS
I honestly feel I am one of the lucky people who really enjoy what they do for a living. I love being an orthodontist. For the past 14 years, I have had the opportunity to serve and meet so many wonderful people. The friendships I have made with my patients and their families, and the changes that I have made in their smiles, will last a lifetime.
My education in dentistry and orthodontics has provided me with a strong foundation of knowledge and experience. It is my practice philosophy that every patient should be treated the way I would treat my own family. I hold the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Science in biology, summa cum laude – St. John's University
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery, magna cum laude – SUNY at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine
- Certificate of proficiency in orthodontics – SUNY at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine
Following my postgraduate studies, I started my career in private practice with Dr. Andrew MacDonald and became a full partner two years later.
In our practice, we regularly participate in continuing education programs to stay current on treatment methods, materials, and the latest technology. This enables us to provide our patients with more treatment options and better results for their smile.
- Eighth District Orthodontic Academy
- Northeastern Society of Orthodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Eighth District Dental Society
- Erie County Dental Society
- New York State Dental Association
Outside the Office
A resident of East Amherst, I proudly call Buffalo my home. During my studies at the University of Buffalo, I met my wife Courtney. We have two wonderful children: a son Landen and a daughter Aurora. When I am not spending time with my family, I am an assistant coach for the Lou Gehrig Lasers travel girls’ softball league. I am also an avid golfer, and I enjoy traveling and cheering on the Buffalo Sabres.